Let's Be Honest: Pregnancy
Albuquerque Newborn Photographer, Albuquerque Newborn Photography, Blooming Images
After having Ella, there are so many lies that people tell you while you are pregnant. You can't do this, you won't do that, etc. and I am here to put them all to rest.
1. "Take vacations now because you won't when baby comes." Ella has been to Seattle twice and to Maui, in the first 8 months of her life. You can choose to be those parents that allow your children to limit you, or you just bring them along and go with it.
2. "You will never sleep again." Ella started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks. I know that all babies are different, but you will sleep again.
3. "Breastfeeding will help you lose all the baby weight." Fattest. Lie. Ever. Nobody considered body types. I have that body type that likes to hold onto weight to produce the milk. Lucky me.
4. "You will never get to do anything." Maybe you won't do things that you got to do before, like stay out late, but you still do stuff.
5. "Sleep when the baby sleeps." You won't. How would stuff get done around the house? You use that time to catch up on stuff!
6. "Use _____ or _____ and you won't get stretch marks." You either get them or you don't. It depends on your skins elasticity. If your mom got them, you will likely get them.
7. "It gets better." No, it doesn't get 'better' it just gets different. Every stage has their challenges.
8. "Nine months on, nine months off." Ummm Ella will be 9 months and I haven't lost all my weight. Thank you breastfeeding.
Do you have any to add?